Wednesday, June 13, 2012

D is for Dinosaur

We started the letter Dd and today we focused on Dinosaurs.

After reading several books about dinosaurs, we made our own dinosaur D.

For this activity, addy worked on patterns.  I would start the pattern and she would have to finish it.  Then I just let her get creative and do her own for awhile.  There were also some other pages for finding things that are different and sequencing.  

This was one on counting.  I was really impressed that Addy could do this all on her own.

Preschool Daze had a lot of great ideas for our dinosaur theme but I liked this one the best.  Addy decorated a giant dinosaur using colorful shapes.  I had her tell me what the shape and color were before she glued them on.  I also had her count how many squares, circle, etc.  So this was a great learning activity!


No comments:

Post a Comment